Click here to go to My other blog site (for music & poetry lovers)

Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's a new dawn...

It's been a long day... I can truly say that with a smile on my face because I managed to do most of what I was meant to. Dint get enough sleep, but that's ok, got to spend time with some friends who are leaving tomorrow morning. Towards the end of the day though there has been a heaviness in my spirit, and I still feel it now. Just thinking about how so many of us are lost and how God loves us so much that he wants us all home and closer to him, makes me so sad. If I ever felt "the call" strongly in my life it's gotta be now. The last time I was leading worship I felt so alive with the spirit of God whispering in my ear so clearly and I think that is more than any sign I ever needed. It's time and I need to rise to the occasion, it will take alot of faith and it will mean going through a lot of hurdles this year but I'm ready to go the extra mile to ensure that God's work is done. Phil 3:2 - 11 (paraphrased)says that we should carry out the ministry giving Christ praise as we do it and not taking credit for any of it because we could not have done it by our own efforts! Then Paul goes on to talk about how all the other stuff that seems important in life all of a sudden becomes rubbish except knowing Jesus as he was in his death and resurrection. I want to feel that in my spirit and know for sure that knowing Christ and his righteousness, to be embraced by him and to embrace him-- is what will make me a better Shox than I could ever hope to be.... I truly count all these other things worth nothing (--some translations say dung--), my only desire is to know Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home