Click here to go to My other blog site (for music & poetry lovers)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Standing in awe of an awesome wonder!

The bible speaks in Exodus 33 about when Moses and God would fellowship at the tent of meeting. It says that Moses would go into the tent and the pillar of cloud that would follow the Israelites as they wondered through the desert would come down and settle at the entrance of the tent. The rest of the Israelites would wait for this moment when Moses and God were having their fellowship and stand at the door of their own tents and worship God as if they too were in communion with Moses and God. I feel that in some sense Moses was a worship leader. Because he was the initiator of the conversation between God and his people. And through him many found a moment to bask in God's presence. Any way, in v12 Moses becomes fed up with just feeling God's presence through the cloud and he asks God a question I would like to ask God everyday of my life: "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people." and God promises that his presence will go with Moses and that he would give Moses the rest he was looking for. But Moses is adamant and tells God, "If your presence doesn't go with us then do not send us up from this place; how will people know that you are pleased with me and what will distinguish me from the other people on the earth. God then tells Moses that he will go with him because he is pleased with him and he knows his name. After that Moses thirsts for more of God and asks that God show him His glory. I wonder if today we would have had the same thirst. We are satisfied with just smelling the incense in the throne room of God and yet we should seek to be close to him and worship before him to the point that he will tell us, "Child now you are as close to me as any human being can be and still live" He should cover our faces with his hands as he is magnified before us and leave the mark of his glory on our faces shining long after he has passed us. I yearn for that, to be held in the bossom of God and feel his awesome presence with me everytime I open my mouth to lead worship. Ecclesiastes 5:1 - 6 Which Justo brought to my attention earlier today-- directs us on how to behave in front of an awesome God. We should be bold enough to approach his throne of grace and mercy and prepared enough to bask in the consequences of our requests. I mean Moses was bold enough to ask to see God's glory and was steadfast in his vow, how much more should we as worshippers speak the affirmations that set our brethren free while we are in the presence of God. I pray that he makes me as bold a worshipper as Moses was...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home