Click here to go to My other blog site (for music & poetry lovers)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Worshippers and Service to the Almighty

Today I just wanna talk a little about the gravity of being a priest in the house of God. You seem to hold a lot of responsibility in your hands and are answerable for many things that you have to learn as you go along. In our service and ministry as worshippers and even as Christians we sometimes forget that we are Levites in our own right. The bible calls us a holy nation; a chosen generation; a royal priesthood. The rules that were intimated for the Levites were very strict. There's a whole book about them yaani. And reading Leviticus you start to see how particular God is. Malachi 3 talks of preparing the way for God's messenger who shall prepare the way for God and then goes on to speak about who will be able to stand before the Lord when he comes. And I quote: But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap. 3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness, 4 and the offerings of Judah and Jerusalem will be acceptable to the LORD, as in days gone by, as in former years.
As worshippers we are the Levites that we may be purified to be able to stand in the gap when the time comes. I like a verse further down in the chapter though because the bible for me has always been an action--reaction book, so from v16 says: Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honored his name.
17 "They will be mine," says the LORD Almighty, "in the day when I make up my treasured possession (act). I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him. 18 And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.

I don't know about you guys but I wanna be passed through the refiner's fire, through the launderer's soap that he may write my name in the scroll of his memory as a person who feared Him and honored Him. So that I may be totally his.I pray that for you as well! God Bless You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home